Wednesday, November 17, 2010

tHe riSE oF tHe nEw sHoPpiNG hAvEn iN GENSAN


Today, I set aside boredom after deciding to take a short tour around the city. Taking a jeepney ride from Purok Malakas, I started looking for something new which the generals (that’s how residents of Gensan call themselves) can offer to the visitors of this progressive city in the South of Mindanao.
I passed by Plaza Heneral Santos, Queen Tuna Park and the Central Public Market where I stopped and decided to walk around on foot.  As I was taking a look of the new establishments like the RD Hardware and the newly renovated façade in some areas along the stretch of Santiago Boulevard I saw the big probability of further development.
What makes this feeling more probable is the on going construction of one of the biggest malls in the island. . . . The SM City General Santos.  I finally reached this area fenced with blue G.I. sheets and was given the chance to take some photos as to the progress of their construction after it started a month ago.
Bigger than SM City Davao by 20,000 square meters, the mall will have three floors, a fountain inside and a terminal for public utility vehicles.  It will be another option for all Cotabateños to shop since it’s nearer compared to Davao.
SM City General Santos will be finished in the next 9 months and in the next years Christmas Season it will be one destination for shoppers in Region 12 to visit.  Right now all we can do is wait for what you see in the photos now are just the foundation of a new landmark for the Tuna Capital of the Philippines.

My journey today ended thinking that my fellow Cotabateños will soon have the option to visit here and feel “the RISE of the NEW SHOPPING HAVEN”.

No comments: