Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MIDSAYAP hALaD fEsTiVaL 2011


Brief Story: 

Midsayap celebrates its yearly patronal fiesta every 3rd Sunday of January in honor of its patron saint Sto. Niño. Among its highlights are carnival, cultural shows, novena, procession, agro-trade fair, motocross cycling competition, civic parade, search for mutya, among others. Not to mention the sumptuous food preparations of almost every household. (DOT)

 Midsayap has been a second home for me, were my lola (grandma) lives. It’s been 5 years that I haven’t visited Midsayap. So I got excited when I’ve heard Midsayap Halad festival is coming.

I woke up early morning of January 15th  rode a bus so that before 7am I should be at the Hillpark Inn where the program starts. As I arrived I still had the chance to take photos of the 9 contingents from different barangays of Midsayap only to showcase its local talents.

The Midsayap Central Pilot Elementary School won the junior category and the Notre Dame of Midsayap College won the senior category. On each category the champion took 100 thousand as the grand prize.

I would like to thank Hon. Lloyd S. Quejada for accommodating SOCCSKSARGEN BLOGGERS and a very warm welcome. It is indeed a memorable experience the Midsayap Halad Festival.

2 comments:

Gonz said...

wow. nice short article. hope more articles about midsayap. hope to take photo with you soon. i like to have blog. but i have no time i prefer vlog than blog. im not good in writing. hhehe. btw, keep it up. God bless :)

Emerson said...

Informative, but more info can be found at Midsayap.com